Al Lang Stadium

Located in downtown St. Petersburg, Fla., the historic, waterfront Al Lang Stadium has been a vital part of the community since it was built in 1947. Originally a baseball park, the venue is named in honor of Al Lang, a former mayor of St. Petersburg who was instrumental in bringing professional baseball to the city in the early twentieth century.

For decades, the stadium was the spring training home for many Major League Baseball clubs and the summer home of their affiliated minor league teams. The stadium hosted its last spring training game in 2008.

Owned by the City of St. Petersburg and now managed by Big3 Entertainment, LLC, today’s Al Lang Stadium is home to the North American Soccer League’s Tampa Bay Rowdies. In 2015, the venue underwent a major renovation including upgraded seating, improved concessions and concourse area, enhanced locker rooms and a state-of-the-art video scoreboard.